Friday, December 12, 2008

New Toy

The new canon 5D Mark II!




After months of waiting yesterday I got the call I have been waiting for. My new camera was ready for pick up at a local store... and so I dashed over and brought it home.

I think my husband is even more excited than I am about it! He spent hours playing with it and reading the manual.

See? I grabbed it, shot a few frames, went ooohhh - ahhhhh and gave it back to him... because he is the techie in this household and he reads every little thing in the manual, figures it all out, and then he explains it all to me. I do much better that way :)

It is an amazing camera especially in low light conditions (thing weddings here :) -- Of course we wished the auto focusing system in low light conditions was better, but hey, this camera can "see" when it is almost dead dark!

Here are a couple of shots.
Rich shot this image of me at ISO 6400, 1/15 at 1.4 with a 50mm lens. All lights off in the living room, my face only illuminated by my Blackberry.

I shot this of Rich, standing in the living room with only the light that spills off the flood light that is really pointing the other way into the street, so this is just the light that spills inside the house!
This was also ISO 6400 at 1/15 1.4 with 50mm lens.

We'll be playing much more in the upcoming days and I am sure I'll post some new images as well.
For the time being, I just wanted to share :)
A.-

No comments: