Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving came and went and I am finally posting this. Whew. Still running behind on my posting, but here we are at last!

My husband Rich and I drove up to Asheville, NC to spend Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law’s, Isabel. My husband’s sisters, Marie & Rachel, were also there with their husbands and kids, so it was quite a crowd, but we all managed to survive.

I love going to Asheville, although this time around I was sick an not at the top of my game... but that did not stop me from capturing some of our family memories.

Mia (7) spent quite a while playing Cat's Craddle with Uncle Rich, who is the family expert. And she also enjoyed hanging out with her cousin's dog, Winston (the most adorable dog ever! -- together with my friend Christina's dog, Max that is :)


while Sam (5) played memory with his mom Rachel, or enjoyed the gorgeous weather playing with his new remote controlled car --photographed by Rich--


And here isTaylor (3) in her favorite "spot" and giving me her favorite "look" :)


Of course some of the adults had to attend to real important things...

well, there was actually one adult doing something extremely important...
my brother-in-law Scott, frying the turkey... yum!

You have to undertsand, this was not just a casual come-by-let's-eat-turkey situation... my mother-in-law had an expert plan all laid out!

including a super cute centerpiece


and the ultimate hostess touch; place cards -- expertly done by Mia...


Finally, Scott brought the best in and proceeded to carve!

After which we all "graciously" danced around the kitchen island to come out with a perfect Thanksgiving dinner plate.

After which, of course, there was...
Here are some of the players...
Rachel, Isabel, Rich and Marie.

Chris, Rich and Scott. The brother-in-laws.
Me? as usual, behind the camera. I guess I"ll have to ask Rich to get the sisters-in-law next time :)

I hope you've enjoyed my Thanksgiving tale. Next tale will be Christmas, which we will celebrate at the home of John & Maureen Salviski, my friend Christina's parents.
Until then, continue to check back for some more client postings and Andrea Taylor Studio news!
A.-

No comments: