Friday, March 20, 2009

Niece & Company

This past weekend we had a great visit. My eldest niece, Mariana (26), her boyfriend Norman and two close friends (Barbie & Leo), come through Atlanta from Argentina (where I am originally from) on their way to more exciting destinations :)

They stayed with us for three days while on their way to spend a week in NYC, after which Mariana and Norman are heading fro a week in London, and Barbie and Leo decided to move onto the warmer climate of the Dominican Republic.

I do not know that people get how important it is to me when my family or close friends visit me from Argentina. It is an opportunity to share with them my home, my things, my life here, my friends… to share what we do and how we are in a place that is so different from where we grew up. So it is always extremely important to take the time and spend it with them.

Thanks to a profession and clients that allowed me to be “gone” for a few days in the middle of a pretty busy time, I could take the time to show them all around. It was only three days, one of which I was doing my first ever Bridal Show (never a dull moment :) so we were non-stop as much as possible. I did not take the traditional touristy pictures (they took enough of those!), but below are a few so that you can all meet them.

My beautiful and very smart niece Mariana...
Mariana and Norman, her boyfriend.

The whole crowd on our front porch.
Best friends!

They wanted the typical US mailbox in their picture... (we do not have those in Argentina :)
The tight back seat :) -- Thank God my brother-in-law, Scott, lends us his SUV. Getting them back to the airport with the additional lugagge after the visit to the outlets would have been impossible in my poor old Camry!
At the Lake. We wanted to take them out sailing, but the weather did not cooperate...
The guys took a few minutes off at the club and hit the fusball :)
Norman did not know we would make them "pay" for their accomodations :) Here he is helping my husband Rich, load the cargo van to take all the stuff to the bridal show later than evening.


It was fantastic having them at home, and we can't wait to do it again. They were the perfect guests and we had tons of fun together!

No comments: